I'm so fast........

General BB related discussion forum - English language only !
Plaats reactie
Frank Switser

I'm so fast........

Bericht door Frank Switser » vr aug 10, 2007 3:03 pm

I raced a Harley today and after some really hard riding I managed to PASS the guy. I was riding on one of those really, really twisting sections of country road with no straight sections to speak of and where most of the curves have warning signs that say "15 MPH".
I knew if I was going to pass one of those monsters with those big-cubic-inch motors, it would have to be a place like this where handling and rider skill are more important than horsepower alone. I saw the guy up ahead as I exited one of the turns and knew I could catch him, but it wouldn't be easy. I concentrated on my braking and cornering. three corners later, I was on his fender. Catching him was one thing; passing him would prove to be another.
Two corners later, I pulled up next to him as we sailed down the mountain. I think he was shocked to see me next to him, as I nearly got by him before he could recover. Next corner, same thing. I'd manage to pull up next to him as we started to enter the corners but when we came out he'd get on the throttle and outpower me. His horsepower was almost too much to overcome, but this only made me more determined than ever.
My only hope was to outbrake him. I held off squeezing the lever until the last instant. I kept my nerve while he lost his. In an instant I was by him. Corner after corner, I could hear the roar of his engine as he struggled to keep up. Three more miles to go before the road straightens out and he would pass me for good.
But now I was in the lead and he would no longer hold me back. I stretched out my lead and by the time we reached the bottom of the canyon, he was more than a full corner behind. I could no longer see him in my rear-view mirror.
Once the road did straighten out, it seemed like it took miles before he passed me, but it was probably just a few hundred yards. I was no match for that kind of horsepower, but it was done. In the tightest section of road, where bravery and skill count for more than horspower and deep pockets, I had passed him. Though it was not easy, I had won the race to the bottom of the valley and I had preserved the proud tradition of another of Europe's best bikes.
I will always remember that moment. I don't think I've ever pedaled so hard in my life. And some of the credit must go to Batavus as well. They really make a great bicycle...

ranjoles
Contacteer:

Bericht door ranjoles » vr aug 10, 2007 3:17 pm

:-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_

Medic-XX
Contacteer:

Bericht door Medic-XX » vr aug 10, 2007 4:05 pm

Wat kan ik hierop zeggen. Alleen maar lachen. Wat een verhaal geweldig hoe kom je erop..!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :black

LeoFric
Contacteer:

Bericht door LeoFric » vr aug 10, 2007 8:46 pm

Zelfs niet motor liefhebbers begrijpen dit...

LOL.....

Morgen een verjaardag ik ga hem van je lenen Frank!

RK
Contacteer:

Bericht door RK » vr aug 10, 2007 8:48 pm

ik ben motorliefhebber maar vertaal ff!! |B |B

LeoFric
Contacteer:

Bericht door LeoFric » vr aug 10, 2007 9:15 pm

RK schreef:ik ben motorliefhebber maar vertaal ff!! |B |B
Wat moet ik vertellen? ....

Marty Blackbird
Contacteer:

Bericht door Marty Blackbird » vr aug 10, 2007 9:18 pm

:-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_ :-_

RK
Contacteer:

Bericht door RK » vr aug 10, 2007 9:47 pm

LeoFric schreef:
I Leofric am a pain in the ass so badly that RK will not bring his nice BB jacket with him next sunday !!

That was my second chance and I fucked it up .......
So now I don't know the size of it when I want to order that beautiful B B Jacket.

signed Leofric the stupid!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

back on topic please

LeoFric
Contacteer:

Bericht door LeoFric » vr aug 10, 2007 9:59 pm

RK schreef:
LeoFric schreef:
I Leofric am a pain in the ass so badly that RK will not bring his nice BB jacket with him next sunday !!

That was my second chance and I fucked it up .......
So now I don't know the size of it when I want to order that beautiful B B Jacket.

signed Leofric the stupid!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

back on topic please
It is a nice joke... :)

ironman
Contacteer:

Re: what kind of bike do u have

Bericht door ironman » zo feb 07, 2010 1:24 pm

what king of bike do you have that he passed you on? I have a 1999 cbr1100xx and not 1 harley has ever passed me on a straight. I never saw them again unless I got a red light. :evil:

Hasse
Contacteer:

Re: I'm so fast........

Bericht door Hasse » za dec 25, 2010 11:15 am

So Ironman, read the last sentences one more time.... :D

gerkenator
Contacteer:

Re: I'm so fast........

Bericht door gerkenator » za feb 12, 2011 6:48 pm

was dat toevallig Leontien van Moorsel op haar batavus??
das de enige die ik niet wil inhalen.

leuk verhaal.
Afbeelding

Plaats reactie