Dutch Speeding Penalties

General BB related discussion forum - English language only !
Plaats reactie
RoadPirate
Contacteer:

Dutch Speeding Penalties

Bericht door RoadPirate » wo jul 05, 2006 4:09 pm

'Lo All,

RP
Laatst gewijzigd door RoadPirate op vr jan 18, 2008 6:58 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Ankertje
Contacteer:

Bericht door Ankertje » wo jul 05, 2006 5:38 pm

They put you in jail and the bike wil be distroyed.

:idea:
De onzin en de noodzaak, ze naderen de grens.....

Kayak.

MXXL
Contacteer:

Bericht door MXXL » wo jul 05, 2006 5:45 pm

If you are dutch, they will take away your driverslicense for a certain period (probably a year if you do this for the first time) and you will have to pay a fine. This will be somewhere around 700 euro's, but it can be more because of the fact that they cannot takeaway your drivinglicence.
Mijn grote trots: Anne Janine Lit
Mijn kleine trots: Inge Erika Lit

MXXL

XX@nder
Contacteer:

Bericht door XX@nder » wo jul 05, 2006 9:32 pm

The licenseplateholder will be called in court or he can poit out another rider as the driver at that time. The other rider wil have to sign for being the driver at that time. I thougt that more as the double of the speed max is a crime in stead of a violation of the law.

The justice department has a website where they give information on this subject. They say that the justice department will decide what the penaltie will be on individual basis. This means that they will look at your driving history (for a Dutchman, I am not sure if they do this for foreigners) and look at the location of the violation.

If it was for me I would sure lose my license for 70 days and get a fine of at least €700. On the heigway there used to be a sum of €6 for every km to fast if you are over 40 km/h to fast.

Anyway, good luck with it.

- Edit - changed the penalty for speeding on a highway more than 40km/h from €12 to €6. I had to pay €260 for doing 161 in stead of 120. This was after a speedcorrection of 5 km/h
Laatst gewijzigd door XX@nder op zo nov 19, 2006 5:00 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Frank Switser

Bericht door Frank Switser » wo jul 05, 2006 10:18 pm

Just tell the judge you thought the speedometer was in MPH instead of KMPH :lol:

RoadPirate
Contacteer:

Bericht door RoadPirate » wo jul 05, 2006 10:28 pm

Thanks for the comments!

RP
Laatst gewijzigd door RoadPirate op vr jan 18, 2008 6:58 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Burrito
Contacteer:

Bericht door Burrito » do jul 06, 2006 11:06 am

usually they don't go for arguements like that...

I know that if they'd pulled you over they would've taken your drivers liscence... even as a foreighner, they still CAN but I don't think they will...

And tbh, I'm not a slow driver, but 140 on a 50 stretch (means it's inside a town-area-thing) is a bit much imo.... In belgium you could go to jail for that

MMZ
Contacteer:

Bericht door MMZ » do jul 06, 2006 6:29 pm

Burrito schreef:usually they don't go for arguements like that...

I know that if they'd pulled you over they would've taken your drivers liscence... even as a foreighner, they still CAN but I don't think they will...

Yes they will !

MXXL
Contacteer:

Bericht door MXXL » do jul 06, 2006 11:14 pm

Miep Miep Zoeffff schreef:

Yes they will !
As far as i know, they are not allowed to take away your license. A license is owned by the country you live in, an other country is not allowed to take that away. What they can do, is tell you that you are not allowed to drive in the Netherlands for a certain amount of time, and because you don't live here, that amount of time will be much longer say up to five years. This is to make the punishment as hard as for there own citizens.
Mijn grote trots: Anne Janine Lit
Mijn kleine trots: Inge Erika Lit

MXXL

Burrito
Contacteer:

Bericht door Burrito » do jul 13, 2006 10:41 am

MXXL schreef:
Miep Miep Zoeffff schreef:

Yes they will !
As far as i know, they are not allowed to take away your license. A license is owned by the country you live in, an other country is not allowed to take that away. What they can do, is tell you that you are not allowed to drive in the Netherlands for a certain amount of time, and because you don't live here, that amount of time will be much longer say up to five years. This is to make the punishment as hard as for there own citizens.
Yes they are allowed to because there are treaties signed in the EU...

anyway, I found a table with fines... it goes upto 70 to fast... which is € 660,- anything over that it says Suppena (Court)... good luck with that!

The Doctor
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Doctor » ma nov 06, 2006 6:05 pm

Hey Roadpilote, I hope it won`t be to bad with you`re penalty.I met you and your son yesterday and i enjoyed your company. Hope to see more of you on rides. You don`t live so far away from here so maybe you`re interested in going on trips to the Eifel with Faster, Gregor, me and some other guys next season. Il send you pm`s when we are going.

greetings :w:

RoadPirate
Contacteer:

Bericht door RoadPirate » wo nov 15, 2006 1:17 am

Yea that's a great idea. Have to get the miles in while I still can!

Cheers!

Plaats reactie