recall on the VFR 1200

Specifiek Forum voor de Honda VFR modellen.
Plaats reactie
Evelakes
Contacteer:

recall on the VFR 1200

Bericht door Evelakes » wo jul 21, 2010 11:17 am

Gaat schijnbaar niet zo vlekkeloos als gehoopt met de nieuwe VFR 1200.
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/ ... EPI-124511" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nog wat commentaar op het VFR forum UK

Hi guys, as you know I have not been happy about the recall on the 12. I have done a lot of digging and found out some facts. Honda Japan knew of the problem on 2nd February 2010. About a month before I bought my bike.
They did not identify it as a potential problem, however by 11th May 2010 there were 21 reported cases of abnormal noise and 4 cases of engine seizure. Honda decided on a recall and sent notification to all countries on 21st May 2010. I do not know how many engines were changed during the recall but I would put money on jocky's engine being one of these!
In total 2774 bikes were recalled, 524 from France, 502 from Germany, 392 from UK, 350 from Italy and the list goes on............
With this latest seizure it makes me wonder if they have found and addressed the problem or are there going to be more recalls.
For those of you who are interested, I have now sold my 12, I do wish you all the best with the bike and I hope that there will be no more reported problems. I lost all confidence and decided to move on.

erwin996

Re: recall on the VFR 1200

Bericht door erwin996 » wo jul 21, 2010 3:25 pm

Die VFR 1200 is echt lelijk vergeleken met een Blackbird. Met name de achterkant ziet er iel en kaal uit. En dan die korte uitlaat die Honda tegenwoordig monteert..., die is echt lelijk (ín de VFR uitlaat zie je ook nog hele kleine uitlaatpijpjes verstopt, het ziet er niet uit). Nee, wat design betreft, is BMW het nieuwe Honda. Zo'n K1300S ziet er uit als de opvolger van de Blackbird...

Ik heb laatst wel in de showroom proefgezeten op de VFR1200 en het zat als gegoten. Maar bij het design van de nieuwe VFR haak ik meteen af :(

Plaats reactie